One of the two luxury cars Cristiano Ronaldo had shipped to Majorca for his family summer holiday has been involved in an accident.
The Man United striker’s £1.7million 900 horsepower Bugatti Veyron is said to have crashed in the east coast resort of Sa Coma.
An employee of the footballer, rather than Cristiano himself, is said to have been driving the vehicle at the time.
The accident happened around 11am on Monday morning.
Police are investigating the incident but have not yet made any comment.
The driver was unharmed but the front of Cristiano’s expensive motor was damaged
Meanwhile, Cristiano had jetted to Majorca with his five children and girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez on June 14.
They are renting a luxury home at the foot of the Tramuntana Mountains and enjoying days out on Cristiano’s super yacht.
It is the first time Cristiano and Georgina have holidayed with their daughter Esmeralda, whose twin brother died during childbirth in mid-April.
They are expected to stay at the house for another three or four days.
As well as his Bugatti Cristiano also shipped over a Mercedes-Benz G-Class for their sunshine holiday.
The villa where they are staying has its own gym, pool surrounded by palm trees, several jacuzzis, a beach volleyball court and a mini-football pitch.
It also reportedly has its own chapel and a rumoured ‘erotic room’ underneath – and is the same property the Man U frontman’s former teammate Sergio Ramos picked for a previous holiday with wife Pilar Rubio and their children.
The footballer and his family picked Majorca for their summer holiday last year before the striker announced he was returning to Old Trafford.
They stayed at a £10,000-a-night historic seafront mansion on the island built to defend the coast from attacks by the British.
The property was identified as Manresa Castle – Castell de Manresa in Catalan Spanish – after Cristiano posted pictures of him relaxing with Georgina at the start of July last year.
The sensational seven-bed property where he stayed dates from 1715 and was built to ward off the British who at the time controlled the island of Menorca.
This new break is the couple’s first since they announced the tragic death of Esmeralda’s twin brother on April 18.
They had announced last October they were expecting twins and Argentinian-born Georgina revealed she was carrying a boy and girl in a touching video featuring their daughter Alana Martina, four, and Cristiano’s three children, five-years-old twins Eva and Mateo and Cristiano Jr who is 11.
Cristiano said in a heart-wrenching statement after the death of their child: ‘It is with our deepest sadness we have to announce that our baby boy has passed away. It is the greatest pain that any parents can feel.
‘Only the birth of our baby girl gives us the strength to live this moment with some hope and happiness.
‘We would like to thank the doctors and nurses for all their expert care and support.
‘We are all devastated at this loss and we kindly ask for privacy at this very difficult time.
‘Our baby boy, you are our angel. We will always love you.’
Source: Mail Online