Founded in 2011, YEDI is a not-for-profit organization that has benefitted over 200,000 young people in schools and community sites in Lagos, Abuja, Akwa-Ibom, and Ogun, with evidence-based programs designed to build young people’s assets, facilitate their access to health services, and promote their adherence to healthy behaviours. The YEDI model trains young adult mentors as community change agents to implement age-appropriate and gender-sensitive curricula that combine football metaphors and activities with high impact health information that engage youth and break down cultural barriers.
Job Type: Full Time
The YPE4AH Project is a five-year (2020 – 2025) USAID funded project implemented YEDI and its partners. The primary goal of the project is to improve the health and well-being of urban, underprivileged adolescents aged 15–19 by increasing voluntary family planning (FP) uptake and continued use—from a holistic, human capital perspective.
The YPE4AH Adolescent Hubs—safe spaces for Adolescents to seek and access FP and reproductive health (RH) information and referrals. YPE4AH will adapt and scale up evidence-based, high-impact SKILLZ curricula, which combine sports and fun-based activities and group sessions led by Adolescent Coaches/mentors to spur healthy behavior change and shift attitudes for more equitable gender-sensitive norms.
YEDI seeks to engage a Hub Coordinator to oversee Adolescent
TASK & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of the Program Manager/State Coordinator, develop a schedule for activities in the Hubs and monitor delivery.
- Responsible for day-to-day monitoring of the use of all assets, equipment, and furniture
- Responsible for coordinating the smooth running of the Hubs: SKILLZ, leadership, livelihood.
- Responsible for providing health related information/counselling, coordinating Referrals and other services for adolescents in the Hubs.
- Responsible for documentation of all Hub activities into designated tracking tools (collecting and filing service data and collating SKILLZ data from , Hub attendance register and feedback forms).
- Complete and submit monthly reports using approved monitoring and evaluation templates, including success stories.
- Deliver bi-weekly mentoring sessions for SKILLZ Coaches.
- Support monthly Hub check-in and quarterly learning meeting.
- Monitor participation of Adolescents in interventions by tracking their daily/periodic attendance.
- Collate and supervise the pre-and-post intervention test.
- Monitor and Supervise program delivery for quality, identify gaps and make recommendations for improvement.
- Monitor completion of deliverables by SKILLZ Coaches.
FP Service Provision
- Operationalize referral protocols for FP/RH services to out-of-school adolescents aged 15 – 19
- Offer group counseling sessions and one-to-one private sessions for Adolescent boys and girls in need FP and other program-related health areas
- Provide contraceptive services to adolescents as appropriate.
- Responsible for the commodity logistic management system of contraceptives and consumables at the hub.
- Maintain all health data collection tools as designed by the project.
- Provide necessary and relevant health-related information to Coaches and the YEDI Team for program purposes.
Other Job-Belated Responsibilities
- Serve as a link between YPE4AH/YEDI staff and the SKILLZ Coaches
- Be a role model for adolescents in the community by demonstrating best practices for leadership, livelihoods, and accessing/adhering to family planning services.
- Stand against all forms of abuse and exploitation of project participants. A Coach will immediately report any suspicion or acts of abuse to the Hub Coordinator for action and referral.
- Participate in all training activities for the project- SKILLZ, Leadership, M&E.
- Undertake periodic trainings on US Abortion and FP Requirements, and Protecting Life in Global Health Assistance and Statutory Abortion Restrictions
- Ensure compliance of SKILLZ Coaches with Child Protection policies and Protecting Life in Global Health provision.
- Deliver and facilitate sessions using the YPE4AH SKILLZ curriculum and other curricula as necessary.
- Together with YEDI YPE4AH Program and Training Managers/ State Coordinator, conduct training and refresher trainings for Coaches on the YPE4AH SKILLZ curriculums.
- Together with the Program Manager/ State Coordinator, lead community engagement efforts including stakeholder engagement, SKILLZ Holiday Camps, community, and mobile health outreaches.
- A certified nurse, midwife, or healthcare provider recognized under the law to offer FP counseling, over-the-counter and invasive contraceptive methods as well as counseling in other YPE4AH health-related areas.
- Experience in NGO health development programs will be an added advantage.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation or capturing learning for projects.
- Experience designing and implementing programs targeted at adolescents.
- Young at heart with the ability to communicate in the local language preferred by young people.
- Prior experience engaging with young people will be an advantage.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to write concise, analytical, and accurate reports to meet agreed deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to relate well, and build a rapport with a diverse range of people.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com using (Hub Coordinator Health Services – Ungogo) in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.